- Challenge: Many electronics manufacturers do not have direct access to U.S. government (USG) opportunities, whether to help solve key challenges, invent new products, or simply meet an existing need. This limits access to USG funding that could help companies create intellectual property, expand into new markets, or increase sales.
- Solution: USPAE helps connect members to USG opportunities.
- Challenge: Finding the right industry connections for teaming partners or new business opportunities can be daunting, especially for small- to medium-sized electronics manufacturers. USPAE members can more easily find partners and customers with whom they can tackle USG opportunities.
- Solution: USPAE’s collaboration tools and events connect members of all sizes and capabilities, facilitating new industry opportunities.
- Challenge: Organizations like the DoD and NASA are often at the forefront of technology advancements, but small- to medium-sized manufacturers often don’t have direct access to those organizations to learn about technology trends.
- Solution: USPAE will sponsor joint industry and government events to facilitate direct interaction.
- Challenge: There are several challenges that domestic electronics manufacturers face in a globally competitive world. In addition to wage and regulatory disparities, many foreign governments subsidize capital investments and research and development to strengthen their country’s industries.
- Solution: USPAE advocates for programs and funding to enhance U.S. global competitiveness.